Think about your future.
Envision where you would like to be in just a few years time.
Where are you now?
I’m sure you’ve heard of a certain marketing wonk named Seth Godin. Mr Godin has written about managing the gap.
Managing the gap is about seeing the space between where you are now and where you want to be.
Most get stuck because the gap becomes more of a canyon, and you see the tasks ahead as too challenging.
Many dream but shake it off as a fantasy. With this mindset, you’re just as stuck.
Don’t get stuck.
You freeze because…
1. The “chasm” between your reality and your dream seems too hard or…
2. You see it as more of a dream that will never come to fruition.
Don’t look at this space between now you and future you as a giant space.
Visualize a manageable “in between” filled with baby steps. A series of relatively easy to complete tasks – small spaces you can simply hop over.
While taking these small leaps, stay alert, because as you move, opportunities will be coming at you.
Your forward movement is also about understanding your capabilities, but knowing when to quit and start over.
“The most likely paths are the ones where you can see the steps.” So says Seth, and I won’t argue with him.
Dream, then break it down.
Visualize the little steps it will take to get there.
Plan your small leaps.
Move in a purposeful yet patient way.
Stay on course, but don’t rule out starting over if you feel you’ve chosen the wrong way.
And remember to pay attention to opportunities that present themselves to you. They will come in many forms.
Want to learn how to build your brand right the first time? Sign up for my email list and I’ll show you the 6 steps needed to bring your brand to life.
Latest posts by Craig McBreen (see all)
- How to Build a Winning Brand and Attract the Right People (Step 1 to Marketing Your Business) - April 3, 2019
- Trying to Create a Magnetic Personal Brand? (STOP and Take These 4 Steps First.) - February 18, 2019
- A Simple Guide to Reframing Your Day - November 26, 2018