You’re a solopreneur trying to make a big splash in the online world.
You want great branding that clarifies your message, attracts the right people, and grows your business.
And, you need a robust marketing machine to make it all work, and bring in the biz.
Well, what if I told you this was all about implementing a 1-2-3 branding and marketing mix?
You’d probably say, Craig, that’s super-duper awesome and I want to get going, pronto! Well, read on, dear friend.
You become a solopreneur marketing machine by doing the following…
1. Produce really, really good content. (This stuff is the red meat your ravenous audience consumes.)
2. A rock-solid social media engagement strategy. (Social channels are your engagement touchpoints.)
3. Amp up your storytelling skills. (The script you need to master.)
This magic mix of strategies will bring you a list of innumerable benefits.
The 1-2-3 mix well help in the following ways…
– Improve your search engine ranking (Google will love you).
– Bring the brand cohesiveness you need.
– Build awareness around your brand.
– Help you reach the right people.
– And grow your biz.
Gini Dietrich is a bit of a wizard in this realm, and in her book, “Spin Sucks,” she writes the following words of wisdom: “The future of communications is to work with a team that has a deep understanding of your brand so they can represent you live.”
Gini then details what the future of the online media realm we inhabit is all about:
These four elements bring us back to our 1-2-3 magic mix, remember…
1. Produce great content.
2. Have a rock-solid social media engagement strategy.
3. Become a better storyteller.
And this trifecta has the power to help you build a marketing machine of your own.
If you want a rockstar online personal brand, you must create your own “brand world.” This is a place that’s kinda sorta like a living and breathing mixture of the following:
A platform that clearly shows what you do and speaks to your ideal customer (Number 1–great content).
Your spokes in the form of numerous touchpoints (Number 2–social media done right).
And a narrative that helps you produce a continual content stream that helps your audience (Number 3–story. story. story).
So, once again, how do you become a solopreneur Marketing Machine?
The little “brand world” I mentioned. That’s your marketing machine.
The thing that I called a “living and breathing” property is your website.
What about the social media touchpoints? Work to create a consistent, relevant, and trusted brand.
The story? That is you, your business, and the story you tell. It’s a core way to build an unmistakable brand.
Your style and delivery brings the momentum you need, to push you to…
– Craft the best experience for your customers.
– Create and amplify a constant stream of content that brings value.
– And to build a marketing machine that grows and helps grow your business, baby!
To effectively use this trifecta and create visual marketing that will wow your ideal customer, begin with a few simple things…
Ask questions – Talk to past customers, current customers, associates. Ask them what they like about you and your business. Why they hired you and stay with you. What makes you unique.
Dig and discover the most important questions, and go from there. You’ll quickly have a ton of topics. These topics become titles for blog articles, site copy, creative for online ads, etc.
If you want to dive a little deeper, read this post: Want to Tell Your Story and Bring in Customers? (Follow These 3 Rules).
Want to learn how to build your brand right the first time? Sign up for my email list and I’ll show you the 6 steps needed to bring your brand to life.
Latest posts by Craig McBreen (see all)
- Trying to Create a Magnetic Personal Brand? (STOP and Take These 4 Steps First.) - February 18, 2019
- A Simple Guide to Reframing Your Day - November 26, 2018
- How to Become a Solopreneur Marketing Machine - October 1, 2018