Are you a small business owner trying to improve your marketing?
If so, you should pay attention to stories.
Why? Well, Hollywood’s tried and true formula is an easy way to explain this…
Many successful movies follow a well-established story structure. And this framework captivates the audience because they identify with the movie’s protagonist.
They stop daydreaming, pay attention, and almost become the hero. The hero is usually on a journey and he or she has to overcome an obstacle. This obstacle (the enemy) is what engages the audience because they identify with it, as if they are experiencing our hero’s pain.
Typical heroes are Neo, Luke, Danielson. They each need a teacher—Morpheus, Yoda, Mr. Miyagi—to push past the obstacle and complete their journey.
In your business…
Your customer is the hero.
You are the teacher.
So when it comes to marketing your business, focus on guiding your customer and help them overcome a problem. This is how your marketing will improve dramatically.
You’ll start turning visitors into customers, they’ll come to like and trust you, and your business will thrive.
I make it sound so easy, but it is.
Take a look at your current marketing efforts and ask yourself the following…
- Have I clearly defined my ideal customer?
- Have I clearly defined their pain (what they need to get past)?
- And is my marketing clearly showing said customer exactly how I will fix their problem?
- Is my messaging clearly and concisely describing what I do, how I’ll help them, and what they need to do to get it?
If your marketing makes you the star it will sputter. If your marketing focuses on your ideal customer, how you’ll teach and transform them, and how your products and/or services will help them win the day, you’ll both win in the end, big time!
This win-win situation is exactly how you should frame your brand.
Want to learn how to build your brand right the first time? Sign up for my email list and I’ll show you the 6 steps needed to bring your brand to life.
Latest posts by Craig McBreen (see all)
- How to Build a Winning Brand and Attract the Right People (Step 1 to Marketing Your Business) - April 3, 2019
- Trying to Create a Magnetic Personal Brand? (STOP and Take These 4 Steps First.) - February 18, 2019
- A Simple Guide to Reframing Your Day - November 26, 2018