Pamela Wilson is someone I’ve been wanting to talk to for years, because when it comes to building an online brand, creating online courses, and blogging, she is so on point and always has been. She is now Executive VP of Educational Content, Rainmaker Digital, directs the Copyblogger blog, and runs her own property, Big Brand System.
Pamela started her blogging journey around 2009. What she thought she wanted to do was to write a book, but she soon discovered Copyblogger’s Teaching Sells course, and the rest is history. This discovery changed her course.
Even though she had done very little writing, her willingness to get out there attracted the attention of the people at Copyblogger, namely Brian Clark. It turns out that none of what has happened was part of her original game plan, and that is what makes her story so interesting.
We talk about building an audience, branding, and all things Copyblogger. We also drill-down into the mechanics of building a solid online presence. And this is what Pamela excels at—teaching others how to build an attention-getting online brand.
We not only talk through branding, but also get into all the changes she’s gone through over the years, including a big move to Nashville, Tennessee.
Pamela has dialed back the intensity of her own Big Brand System. But her system was originally built for those who want to do their own marketing and don’t know where to start. She is brilliant at boiling down the art and science of branding and marketing, making the process easy to understand and implement. So, if you’re a solopreneur looking to build an online brand, you’ll want to listen to this discussion.
What you’ll learn:
- The most important steps to building a brand, from finding your ideal customer to position yourself in the market, to visual branding.
- Why it is so important to know exactly who your ideal customer is.
- Why a simple “like/don’t like” list is so important to.
- The importance of mastering the art of delegation.
- Details on the Rainmaker platform.
Questions I ask:
- What have you learned from the folks at Copyblogger, especially Brian Clark?
- Vocation: Is it better for an aspiring entrepreneur to niche down or be a master of many disciplines? (I think you’ll like the answer.)
- Can you create an ideal life and business?
- How did you find your “unique brilliance?”
- What is your creative process and how do you structure your day?
Links mentioned in the show:
- Pamela’s own Big Brand System.
- The Unmistakable Creative.
- The Genesis Framework.
- The Self Control App.
- The Pomodoro Technique.
- Copyblogger and Rainmaker Digital.
Want to find out why I started the Art of Breaking Out podcast? Read this.
Latest posts by Craig McBreen (see all)
- Realize Your Dream with Baby Steps - September 8, 2017
- Your First Step to a Successful Brand? Be the Teacher. - December 1, 2016
- 3 Simple Lessons to Humanize Your Brand - November 17, 2016