This 83-word gem from Seth Godin inspired me, for several reasons.
1. So far I’m not worrying about SEO, so it was good to get a little validation from a guy who seems to know what he’s doing.
2. For me it’s all about content. Another guy I admire preaches this like gospel.
What about you? What are you more concerned with? Being relevant and providing content that people want to consume is about being remarkable, right?
I think part of doing that right is embracing that gifted oddball you know your are.
But the more important component is developing and practicing a tenacious habit of rule breaking by simply doing things your way. Got it, Cuz?
Pretty bang-on, don’t you think? Go ahead and pimp your own little ride.
How do you define success in this realm?
What are your essential ingredients?
And what is your path to that end-goal?
Is it about search engine traffic and keyword rankings?
Your Klout score or a social proof “badge of honor?”
Or is it more about turning the system on its head by injecting your own special form of genius in a most purposeful way?
I guess it could be both, but I get a headache thinking about all this stuff.
The way I see it, you need to stop emulating others, focus a bit less on those confounding numbers and take a look in the mirror.
The creative you vs. creative gaming, right?
What is it that makes you unique?
Is there something you can bring that no one else can?
What can you do better?
What crazy idea is burning away in your old noodle?
Bring it and be steadfast in your mission, because it might just be the rocket fuel you need to soar.
… then you might not have to worry about the numbers.
So, are you a game changer or are you trying to game the system?
Has attracting eyeballs become an obsession? Are you lost in the numbers game?
Like Seth, are you refusing to work the system?
Latest posts by Craig McBreen (see all)
- How to Live Life to the Fullest (and Grow Your Business) - September 29, 2016
- How to Market Yourself in the 21st Century - September 22, 2016
- 4 Simple Practices to Succeed in Life and Business - September 15, 2016